Director of Investments
CATHOLIC FINANCIAL LIFE — ALWAYS WITH YOU
Catholic Financial Life (CFL) has an exciting opportunity available as our Director of Investments! This position is responsible for management oversight of the Society’s investment portfolio which exceeds $1.6 billion, consisting primarily of fixed income securities managed externally, church and commercial mortgage loans both internally and externally underwritten and a convertible portfolio managed externally. Primary responsibility is managing the relationships with outside investment partners to coordinate and assure the development of appropriate investment strategies based on asset/liability modeling and managing the implementation of authorized investment strategies primarily by external investment managers.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
As Director of Investments, you will:
- Evaluate portfolio performance
- Be responsible for investment revenue budgeting
- Prepare management reports on the investment portfolio
- Gather and analyze industry, regulatory, statutory financial reporting/accounting and economic information relative to the Society’s investment portfolio and in relation to crediting rates on the Society’s interest-sensitive insurance contracts
- Interface with various management forums, including the senior management team and the Investment Committee of the Board of Directors
- Examine the investment portfolio to assure compliance with objectives and guidelines of the Society’s Investment Policy as approved by the Board
- Oversee and manage the Society’s church and commercial loan program which is substantially directly underwritten by the Society itself
- Chair the internal Loan Committee
- Manage the relationship with the outside investment partner of the Society’s defined benefit pension plan and oversee the investment options and education made available through the Society’s defined contribution plan
- Participate in the Society’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Committee acting as the investment subject matter expert
- Other projects as assigned requiring financial or investment expertise, including the optimization of the portfolio, in-force asset/liability management, interest rate crediting for all interest-sensitive insurance contracts
The ideal candidate will thrive on being a part of a team environment with a heartfelt mission while focusing on the challenge to learn new things, engage with national investment managers and exude leadership and decision-making capabilities.
We seek self-motivated, hardworking professionals who are disciplined and eager to work in a purposeful career as a Director of Investments.
At CFL, we work hard while making time for our families, friends and faith. We provide you with a rewarding financial services career while staying true to the faith-based and community-focused mission that built CFL. Come work with an organization named a Top Workplace by Milwaukee Journal Sentinel for seven years in a row.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A generous base salary plus short-term incentive bonus eligibility
- Access to a full Group Benefits Package including health, life and disability insurance plus a 401(k) plan
WHAT IT TAKES TO BE A DIRECTOR OF INVESTMENTS
- 5+ years of investment and portfolio experience
- 5+ years of commercial mortgage loan/lending experience
- Working knowledge of Bloomberg, BondEdge and Morningstar
- Understanding of Statutory Accounting preferred
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Finance/Investment field
- CFA Preferred
About Catholic Financial Life
Through services including life insurance, retirement planning, education savings and more, Catholic Financial Life has been helping its members protect their financial lives for more than 150 years. With assets of $1.68 billion and members across the United States, Catholic Financial Life’s strength comes from being a different kind of financial community. As a member-owned organization, Catholic Financial Life’s longevity and success are a result of being a trusted financial partner. It has been recognized by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel as a Top Workplace seven years in a row.